Intro

Just a girl trying to live as simply as possible and failing at it. Product of my surroundings, I adapt to my environments. But that's not to say I walk away unaffected. Every experience I have shapes me, stays with me and molds me into what people see in front of them in person and in writing.

Things that are a part of me:
~My faith
~My desire for community
~My love of theatre
~My borderline personality disorder
~My solitude
~My body image
~My country/redneck background I try so desperately to conceal
~The stars in my eyes

And the insecurity I have about them all.


Disclaimer: This is not a happy blog. We aren't always happy and we need outlets to get that out. Anyone who says otherwise is lying to themselves. This is my outlet. You don't like it, just move on.

If you would like to see happy, check out my tumblrs instead: MTKCBMQ and Randomnymity

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Ignorant State of Bliss

Is it possible that self-medication can be ok? I mean, medication implies fixing. You need medicine when you're sick and it's not always something as simple as a cold. So if you understand it, why can't you self-medicate? I mean, what is the difference of numbing your pain away with a shot as opposed to a mental projection of meditation as long as you're fully aware of how it works? And when that also gets you positive attention, what is so bad about it? When you're able to talk and engage and laugh, why why WHY can't you do it? If you're not sloppy or falling over or trying to hump everything in sight, why shouldn't you be allowed to *enhance* your personality? That's all it is you know, enhancement. Enhancement never killed anyone. You can't fix a disorder. Perhaps you can mask it?

Oh I know... Hell is going to break loose. I'm in for a world of trouble. But this world of trouble is better than a world of alone. Because you know what? I really like that attention, that focus on me. And if someone thinks I'm a lush? Well then so be it. Ten to one I'm having more fun than them anyways.

Sometimes a person just needs to be saved. Those are the ones that are alone. You can call me Linda Salerno. Look for me on a bridge on my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment