Intro

Just a girl trying to live as simply as possible and failing at it. Product of my surroundings, I adapt to my environments. But that's not to say I walk away unaffected. Every experience I have shapes me, stays with me and molds me into what people see in front of them in person and in writing.

Things that are a part of me:
~My faith
~My desire for community
~My love of theatre
~My borderline personality disorder
~My solitude
~My body image
~My country/redneck background I try so desperately to conceal
~The stars in my eyes

And the insecurity I have about them all.


Disclaimer: This is not a happy blog. We aren't always happy and we need outlets to get that out. Anyone who says otherwise is lying to themselves. This is my outlet. You don't like it, just move on.

If you would like to see happy, check out my tumblrs instead: MTKCBMQ and Randomnymity

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Music

Oh, wanted to follow up with a song that made me burst out crying on a car ride to apply for jobs with my dad. It was an awkward moment and I think he was a bit mortified.


Yesterday I died, tomorrow's bleeding
Fall into your sunlight
The future's open wide, beyond believing
To know why hope dies
Losing what was found, a world so hollow
Suspended in a compromise
And the silence of the sound, soon to follow
Somehow, sundown

And finding answers
Is forgetting all the questions we called home
Passing the graves of the unknown

Cuz reason clouds my eyes, with splendor fading
Illusions of the sunlight
And the reflection of a lie will keep me waiting
Love gone, for so long
And this day's ending
Is the proof of time killing all the faith I know
Knowing that faith is all I hold.

And I've lost who I am
And I can't understand
Why my heart is so broken
Rejecting your love
Without love gone wrong
Lifeless words carry on
But I know
All I know
Is that the end's beginning
Who I am from the start
Take me home to my heart
Let me go
And I will run
I will not be silenced
All this time spent in vain
Wasted years, wasted gain
All is lost
Hope remains
And this war's not over
There's a light
There's the sun
Taking home shattered ones
To a place we belong
And his love will conquer all

Yesterday I died
Tomorrow's bleeding
Fall into your sunlight

~"Shattered" Credit goes to Trading Yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment