Intro

Just a girl trying to live as simply as possible and failing at it. Product of my surroundings, I adapt to my environments. But that's not to say I walk away unaffected. Every experience I have shapes me, stays with me and molds me into what people see in front of them in person and in writing.

Things that are a part of me:
~My faith
~My desire for community
~My love of theatre
~My borderline personality disorder
~My solitude
~My body image
~My country/redneck background I try so desperately to conceal
~The stars in my eyes

And the insecurity I have about them all.


Disclaimer: This is not a happy blog. We aren't always happy and we need outlets to get that out. Anyone who says otherwise is lying to themselves. This is my outlet. You don't like it, just move on.

If you would like to see happy, check out my tumblrs instead: MTKCBMQ and Randomnymity

Friday, October 29, 2010

Round Here

Step out the front door like a ghost
Into a fog where no one notices
The contrast of white on white.

And in between the moon and you,
Angels get a better view
Of the crumbling difference between wrong and right.

And I walk in the air between the rain
And through myself and back again
Where? I don't know.

Maria says she's dying.
Through the door I hear her crying.
Why? I don't know.

Round here we always stand up straight.
Round here something radiates.

Maria came from Nashville with a suitcase in her hand.
She said she'd like to meet a boy who looks like Elvis.
And she walks along the edge of where the ocean meets the land
Just like she's walking on a wire in the circus.

She parks her car outside of my house
And takes her clothes off.
Says she's close to understanding Jesus
And she knows she's more than just a little misunderstood
She has trouble acting normal when she's nervous.

Round here we're carving out our names.
Round here we all look the same.
Round here we talk just like lions
But we sacrifice like lambs.
Round here she's slipping through my hands.

Oh sleeping children better run like the wind
Out of the lightning dream.
Mama's little baby better get herself in
Out of the lightning.

She says "It's only in my head."
She says "Shh I know it's only in my head."
But the girl on othe car in the parking lot
Says "Man you should try to take a shot"
Can't you see my walls are crumbling?"
Then she looks up at the building
Says she's thinking of jumping.
She says she's tired of life.
She must be tired of something.

Round here she's always on my mind.
Round here, hey man, we've got lots of time.
Round here we're never sent to bed early
And nobody makes us wait.
Round here we stay up very, very, very, very late.

I can't see nothing,
Nothing round here.
Oh will you catch me if I'm falling?
Will you catch me if I'm falling?
Will you catch me cause I'm falling down on you?

I said I'm under the gun around here.
I'm innocent, I'm under the gun
Around here.
I can't see nothing,
Nothing round here.


All credits go to Counting Crows for their wonderful song and wonderful lyrics. Hadn't listened to this song in months and rediscovered it on my ipod and found it just kind of worked. There was a reason I always liked this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment