Intro

Just a girl trying to live as simply as possible and failing at it. Product of my surroundings, I adapt to my environments. But that's not to say I walk away unaffected. Every experience I have shapes me, stays with me and molds me into what people see in front of them in person and in writing.

Things that are a part of me:
~My faith
~My desire for community
~My love of theatre
~My borderline personality disorder
~My solitude
~My body image
~My country/redneck background I try so desperately to conceal
~The stars in my eyes

And the insecurity I have about them all.


Disclaimer: This is not a happy blog. We aren't always happy and we need outlets to get that out. Anyone who says otherwise is lying to themselves. This is my outlet. You don't like it, just move on.

If you would like to see happy, check out my tumblrs instead: MTKCBMQ and Randomnymity

Friday, August 13, 2010

The Triple Threat

My biggest threat: The Triple Threat Girl. Who is this Triple Threat Girl? I'll tell you.

The Triple Threat Girl has a strong Christian faith and background, is naturally positive and outgoing, and a looker.

This is the person I have battled with my entire life just to be on the same playing field with so I could have some hope of meeting people to have a social network. I can't even get on that playing field. She wins it all every time. She has the greatest package anyone could ever ask for; how can someone like me compete?

I know I'm a nice person, a very respectful person. I never start altercations and I'm a big believer in letting people do and be whatever they want. I love witty conversations and banter and I'm such a girl (meaning I love shopping and shoes and make up and will gladly be around any other girl that loves them too). And I love running with the boys. I have been a grip on a movie set with all male counterparts and I groove on it. I like equipment and lifting things and throwing things and towing things and packing things and running around in ripped jeans and a t-shirt with sandbags in my arms. I'm a video game junkie. And I'm also a musical theatre junkie. I can play the piano and I wish we could live our daily lives like a musical and always have elaborate singing and dancing numbers when we have conversations.

No one knows this.

Because of how bad I am in social situations, the way my mind is chemically engineered to work, I do practically everything except hide in a corner. And in a setting such as a church group, I'm overshadowed by the girls who belly laugh at every little thing and dance in the aisles and drag people with them and keep the attention on them. It's a paralysis for me; I can't think fast enough to even start a small talk conversation and my heart is always racing to the point where I sometimes feel like I can't breathe. I've made progress on my own just trying to make eye contact with people I'm around. EYE CONTACT.  How pathetic is that?

But I guess I have to be happy for the Triple Threat Girl. She's got it down and she's got it good. I suppose because of that she deserves the spoils. To the victor goes the spoils after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment